About the Drama Collection

The Drama Collection was established in 1939 as an independent unit with its own board. It was housed in the University Library in Fiolstræde right up until 1989 when it became part of The Royal Library's Manuscript Collection. In 1998, The Drama Collection was transferred to the Music Collection, which then was named The Music and Theatre Collection. A specialist liaison committee is assigned to The Drama Collection replacing the original board of directors. At The Drama Collection’s 60th anniversary in 1999, a small booklet was published with the entire history of the collection. For more detailed information, please consult the booklet Teatertekster til tiden. Dramatisk Bibliotek gennem 60 år (1939-1999) – unfortunately not translated into English.

Special Liaison Committee

The Committee meets annually in March, and serves as an advisory council of The Drama Collection. The committee is composed of representatives of various interest groups of the performing arts. In 2015 it consisted of:

Theatre manager for Folketeatret Kasper Wilton (Chairman of the Danish Theatre Leaders' Confederation)

Actor and director Preben Harris

Associate Professor, MA Stig Jarl (University of Copenhagen)

Anders Busk (Danish Writers’ Guild)